Each campsite will have 50% female and 50% male participants representing each targeted grade level. Through its innovative, student-centered, inquiry-based curriculum, campers will complete a minimum of 56 hours of advanced STEM study taught by highly qualified educators from area school districts and university faculty.
Student Selection Criteria
To be eligible to apply, students should:
• Be members of a traditionally underserved and underrepresented population;
• Be entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade in the fall of 2017;
• Have a GPA of at least “B” overall in mathematics and science;
• Score at the median to superior level on standardized mathematics and science tests;
• Write a 250-word essay describing their interest in the camp and STEM;
• Be interviewed, if deemed necessary;
• Have exhibited an interest in mathematics and science; and
• Have strong recommendations from their current mathematics and science teachers.