IGNITING STEAM! IN TEKS TO ENHANCE STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
In Texas, teachers are held responsible for teaching TEKS. Recent research on education emphasizes the importance of teaching science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM) in order to prepare students to be productive citizens. Attend a three-day workshop presented by The Harris Institute (THI) to become skilled at doing both effectively.
THI’s Professional Development Sessions:
– Align to state and national standards.
– Focus on science and engineering designs and practices (e.g. bridges, airplanes, roller coasters, etc.) and modeling of teaching strategies to enhance learning.
– Offer hands-on, minds-on, active learning experiences that YOU can translate into your own classroom.
– Provide time to collaboratively design STEAM lesson plans.
– Participate in daily challenges!
– Follow-up and feedback during the school year.
$75.00 PER 3 DAY SESSIONS
Location: Four Oaks Place, 1330 Post Oak Blvd., 2nd Floor – Central Plains Room, Houston, TX 77056
10AM – 4PM
Session I: June 27, 28, 29 (Elementary Teachers)
Our Professional Development sessions will resume in early August, prior to the start of the 2017-2018 academic school year. If you would like more information about our upcoming Professional Development sessions, please fill out our Interest Form and we will send you information once the August dates are announced.
Click here to access Professional Development Interest Form
For additional information:
Contact Dr. Tonya Jeffery
The Harris Institute